A new spin on a classic holiday game...
The traditional game played with the dreidel can take a long time. Mathematicians have shown that the expected number of spins in a game of dreidel is the square of the number of game pieces each player begins with. Start with 20 pieces and you're looking at 400 spins until someone cries that they lost all their gelt.
It's up to you to bring some light to this beloved game.
Submit your game in one of two age categories:
Kid Designer (under 16) and Adult Designer (16 and up)
To qualify, your game must comply with all of the following rules:
- Game mechanics must make use of a traditional 4-sided dreidel and coins
- Theme must include some element about the Hanukkah holiday
- The game must be playable by 3 or more players
- Must take less than an hour to play
- All parts must be included
- Game must be accessible for players as young as 8
- A rules document must be included with the game. Can be in booklet or document form.
- This must be a new game created for this contest.
- Contestants may submit multiple entries to this contest. Each entry will be judged separately.
- Game submissions must be dropped off at Tabletop Game Cafe by 11pm on Dec 13th.
- Winners of each category will receive a $54 gift certificate to Tabletop Game Cafe
Notes: Game designers retain all rights to their game.
Winners will be announced on Mon Dec 18th @ noon.